REVIEW QUESTION :
4. Speedcoding include the operations of floating-point operators and include the novel facility of automatically incrementing address register
7. IBM 704 has indexing and floating-point instructions in hardware, heralded the end of the interperative era
8. Short Code was proposed by John Mauchly in 1949 and originally known as Brief Code. William Schmitt implemented a version of Brief Code in 1949 for the BINAC computer, though it was never debugged and tested.
14. Linguists were concerned with natural language processing, such as psychology and mathematics. Psychologists were interested in modeling human information storage and retrieval, Mathematicians were interested in mechanizing certain intelligent processes, such as theorem proving.
15. Common LISP has a large number of data types and structures, including records, arrays, complex number, and character strings. It also has a form of packages for modularizing collection of function and data providing access control.
16. Scheme is a small language with simple semantics and syntax, because of this, Scheme is well suited for education purpose, while common LISP is a large and complex language with a primitive functions
21.Language that was design for syntax ALGO 60 is BNF-based compiler design.
22. COBOL was based on FLOW-MATIC language, that was implemented in 1957
23. COBOL design project begin on May 28,29, 1959 at the Pentagon
27. Because BASIC is the one which was the first widely used language that was used through terminals connected to a remote computer.
28. PL/I was designed to replace Fortran and COBOL.
41. C++: good of availability and inexpensive compilerAda: The design was competitive and it’s language embodies most of the concept of software engineering and language design of the late 1970’s
42. Basic concept of OOP:a.Remarkable foresight to predict the future availability of powerful desktop computer.
b.Powerful human interfacing capability
c.Have a determine
57. Datatypes in java most is same in C like Boolean, float, int, char, etc.
66. The XSLT document specifies transformations by the defining templates.
PROBLEM SET :
1. The logical loop control statements, and an “if” with an optional “else” caluse.
2. Short Code clearly simplified the programming process, but at the expense of execution time. Short Code interpretation was approximately 50 times slower than machine code (hand calculator).
4. C: User can create operators for existing operators on user-defined types.BASIC: Only had 14 different statement types and single data types-floating point.
8. Because Speedcoding major ability is a virtual three-address floating-point calculator and its more compare for mathematic.
13. Because, C is flexible and well suited for various applications and also a compiler for C was part of the widely used UNIX operating system in 1980s.
15. Yes, FORTRAN,C++,COBOL,ALGOL.
25. Java servlet is a Java programming language class used to extend the capabilities of a server. Although servlets can respond to any types of requests, they are commonly used to extend the applications hosted by web servers, so they can be thought of as Java Apllets that run on servers instead of in web browsers